#1 Gold Necklaces Buyer Las Vegas & Henderson
A Gold Necklace is a piece of jewelry that is worn around the neck. This type of necklace is made of gold, as what the name suggests. Necklaces have been one of the earliest types of adornment worn by humans. Gold is the most precious metal in the world so necklaces made from these metals have a special meaning. Gold necklaces symbolizes wealth and power. It produces a very high energy and brings defense against the evil forces. They often serve ceremonial, magical, religious, and funerary purposes and are also used as symbols of wealth and status
Different Gold Necklace Designs
There are different gold necklace designs:
- Opera Necklace – This necklace is 75 centimetres (30 in) to 90 centimetres (35 in) long and sits at the breastbone. It can be styled in different ways. You can wear it as a single strand or double it up to fashion like a two-strand choker. You can also knot it up at the neckline to create a vintage look for a cocktail party. This is mostly worn for formal evening party.
- Bib Necklace – This necklaces covers you up like a bib. It is one of the hottest jewelry trends, and is a great way to replace those winter scarves with this gorgeous necklace.
- Choker – It is around 35 centimetres (14 in) to 41 centimetres (16 in) long and sits high or close to the neck. This classic piece goes well with everything from casual to formal evening wear, and complements almost any neckline.
- Princess Necklace -A princess necklace is 45 centimetres (18 in) to 50 centimetres (20 in) long, longer than a choker, but shorter than a matinee. Available in light as well as heavy designs, this is a great piece of jewellery for every occasion.
- Matinee Necklace -A matinee length necklace is 56 centimetres (22 in) to 58 centimetres (23 in) long. Typically, a single strand rests at the top of the cleavage. A matinee necklace goes best with usually reserved for plunging necklines, as it sits just above the bust. This style of necklace is often embellished with stones or beads. If you have a wider neck or a full bust, you may even pick one with a pendant in case a 20-inch one feels too tight.
Types of Gold Chains
There are different types of gold chains:
- Solid Gold – Solid gold is the best quality of gold there is – it’s great to wear everyday, won’t tarnish or fade, and is hypoallergenic. Pure gold (24k) is too soft and malleable to wear in jewelry, so the gold must be alloyed with other metals to give it strength and durability. 14k solid gold means 14 parts gold (58.3%) and 10 parts alloys (41.7%), while 18k solid gold means 18 parts gold (75%) and 6 parts alloys (25%). The lower the karat, the less expensive it is because it is using less gold. The downside of pure solid gold is that is a very malleable and soft and is therefore not recommended for jewelry intended for everyday wear.
- Gold Filled – Gold filled is a solid layer of gold mechanically bonded to a base – usually jeweler’s brass. The layer of gold consists at least 1/20th of the jewelry’s total weight. The gold is usually 14k gold, but sometimes may be 12k gold. It’s affordable but high quality, and it’s good to wear everyday.
- Gold Plated – Gold plated jewelry is a very light layer of gold with – 0.05% actual gold or less on top of a base metal that is usually brass or copper. The thin layer of gold is plated onto the base metal to create gold plated jewelry. Gold plated has the lowest cost, it won’t last long and it’ll tarnish eventually. The downside of gold plating is that the gold layer fades and tarnishes over time.
Types of Chain Links
There are so many types of chain links and here are a few of them:
- Herringbone Chains: A sequence of flat, short, and parallel links in an offset pattern make up the style and substance of this chain. By itself, the design is unusual enough to be a conversation piece, but discrete enough to put just a dash of style into you outfit. This particular chain is perfect for casual daytime outfit or in an office setting. Suitable for both men and women, this kind of chain is best worn on its own without a pendant. Since a herringbone necklace lies flat on your skin, there really is no need to put a pendant with precious stones.
- Anchor Chains: It is also called mariner chains, all necklaces of this type are designed to reference the type of chains used to attach an anchor to a boat. The chain’s links are oval, with a vertical bar in the center of each link. The anchor chains is the most classical and most stunning choice of all necklace chain styles, anchor chains can elevate your look no matter the details of your outfit, to a high level of elegance and sophistication.
- Box Chains: The box chain is made of square links, rather than ovals and rounds, which are connected together to make a continuous smooth chain. Box chains are a very popular form of necklace chain and worn by both men and women. They are found in a variety of widths, with the wider ones being popular among men. Box chains are strong and don’t easily break. If a link does break, it can be replaced without difficulty. The chain can also be reattached without the broken link replaced, without affecting the design.
- Cable Chains: The most basic types of chains and looks very similar to common iron chains. They have been used for centuries for numerous functions, from anchoring ships to creating small and delicate pieces of jewelry. A cable chain is possibly the most common form of necklace chain used in jewelry and consists of a series of identical oval links that are interconnected to form a functional and beautiful chain. You can find cable chains where the wire has been textured or flattened rather than left round to form a flat version of the chain.
- Bead Chains: Beads are present in a variety of types of jewelry chain. They can be close or far apart, small or large, so you have extensive options. Statement pieces can, of course, be large beads, or a beaded chain necklace that combines not only golden beads, but also beads imbued with other precious stones. The bead chain is possibly most attractive to men at least, in its smallest form as dog tags. This chain can be worn with a pendant, whether it’s an ersatz dog tag, or a medallion of some sort.
- Curb Chain: This common chain design is a basic, timeless design, made of a series of interconnected, uniform links. These links are designed to lay flat even while interlocked. Curb chains have been a top choice when it comes to necklace chains, and heavy, chunky curb chains have a masculine touch and are especially popular among men. Smaller, thinner curb chains are feminine and delicate, pairing well with pendants. Curb chains are very sturdy and are easy to maintain and care for.
- Byzantine Chain: The rarest and most powerful among necklace chains types. Each link in the chain passes through four other, so it gives off a look or a rope and even imitates its texture. This necklace is luxurious, supple and flexible all at once. A perfect choice for both men and women who want to impress. Its prestigious design gives off confidence from whoever wears it, so it’ll have the most impact if you wear it on its own.
- Figaro Chain: This very popular type of necklace chain is fairly simple but fancier than cable chains. Originating in Italy, Figaro chains consist of an alternating pattern of flattened links in different sizes. Generally, the pattern is of one long link followed by either two or three shorter links. Figaro chains are worn by both men and women. This is a very sturdy chain as Figaro’s are generally made using thick wire, and it is easy to fix a broken link. However, due to the pattern of the chain, you cannot remove a broken link without replacing it, as it will mess the pattern up.
- Cuban Chain: This chain is often referred to as Miami Cuban. This is the type of chain you often see around rappers’ necks. The slightly flattened and close set links can be, as with any other neck chain type, as large or as small as you want it. A timeless statement piece, though mostly preferred by men, can also be comfortably worn by women. While men might opt for a chunkier design, women for whom this is the first time experimenting with Cuban chains can choose smaller millimeter links and combine it with almost all outfits in their closet.
- Rope Chain: A rope chain is one of the most beautiful chain types, consisting of a number of metal segments that are connected to resemble a rope, with the pattern twisting around to give the appearance of a real rope. This solid chain is one of the most popular types and is worn around the globe. Rope chains are among the most durable and heaviest of chain types and possibly the most textural. The twisting pattern reflects light from various angles, rope chains tend to be quite lustrous and shiny.
- Snake Chain: The metal links of this chain are curvy and round that it looks like a snake. They are attached to form a very flexible, sleek chain with a smooth and shiny texture. Often adorned with slide pendant, snake chains are an elegant and sophisticated choice for both men and women. Since it’s both very strong and very durable, this kind of necklace is perfect for every style.
- Singapore Chain: The Singapore chain is a durable and strong chain that is made up of a series of interlinked segments. When stretched out, it is a beautiful and twisting open chain, that moves with almost a liquid touch. Singapore chains are popularly chosen to hold pendants as they are very strong regardless of width. It is a classic, sleek chain that pairs well with a beautiful pendant and can be worn daily.
- Wheat Chain: This necklace has the appearance of the head of a mature wheat stalk. The flat and twisted oval links are braided together to form a deliciously unique wheat chain. It is often called spiga, this chain is durable and quite sturdy, so you can wear it with pendants. However, its unique look also shines when worn on its own. Large wheat chains are always a good choice for men, while women can opt for the same style, or go for a slimmer, more discreet necklace.
Different Karats of Gold Necklaces
Here are the different gold necklace karats:
- 9K (37.5% gold and 62.5% alloyed metals) – Contains a high percentage of other metals, making it stronger and cheaper to buy.
- 14K (58% gold and 42% alloyed metals) – This alloy offers more resistance to wear and tear than either 18K or 22K. More affordable than 18ct gold, due to its lower gold content.
- 18K (75% gold and 25% alloyed metals) – This is the most traditional mix of gold and other metals. Contains metal alloys for strength and color. White metals added to create white gold. Copper added to create rose gold. 18ct yellow gold is brighter in tone than 14ct and 9ct gold. Because of the higher gold content in 18K pieces, it will also yield a higher price than 14K, and is usually a sign of a higher quality piece of jewelry.
- 22K (92% gold and 8% alloyed metals) – Even a modest mixture of only 8% alloyed metal makes 22 karat gold a touch stronger and more durable than pure gold. Nevertheless, care will need to be taken with this blend as it’s still the softest form of mixed metal jewelry. They are very soft, so not ideal for stone set jewellery. Used for plain gold jewellery, such as wedding bands.
- 24K (100% pure gold) – Naturally yellow and highly valuable, but very soft. Being the highest karat of gold, it’s easy to assume that 24K is the “best” gold to buy, but that isn’t necessarily the case. Pure gold can be easily scratched and bent, so it’s impractical for daily wear. Not usually used to make fine jewellery.
The best type of gold necklace that can be worn everyday is the necklace that has a karat of 14-18k. Chains that are only 10k don’t have as good of a look to them compared to 14-18k gold chain.
How We Determine the Value of a Gold Necklace and Calculate its Price
- Gold Necklace Purity – The purity of a gold necklace is measured by its carats or karats. We’ll have to know what is the karat of the gold chain.
- Hallmarks – This is a system that determines and guarantees the gold’s purity. These marks establish the origin and fineness of the precious metal and ensures it has been accurately and independently tested. In Hallmarking the metal and fineness mark for 18 carat is 750. The mark for 14 carat gold is 585. The mark for 9 carat is 375.
- The Gram Weight – The amount of grams in a chain is the measure of the gold content in the item. Knowing the gram weight of a chain will allow you to compare the amount of gold in the chain with other necklaces. After that, we’ll have to weigh the gold necklace by its carats. A 14K gold chain will weigh more than a 10K gold chain of the same style and size because 14k has more gold content than 10K. Likewise, an 18K gold chain will weigh more than a 14K gold chain.
- Obtain the Market Price of Gold in Ounces – First is to check the market price of gold in ounces. If pure gold is selling for $1300 per ounce in the metal markets, then one gram is going for $41.80 ($1300/31.1g). So let’s say a particular 14k gold chain weighs 20 grams. Remember, only 58% of the weight is pure gold. The other 42% is a conglomeration of other metals. So: 58% of 20g = 11.6g. In other words, out of that 20 gram chain, only 11.6 grams of it are pure gold. And with gold at $1300/oz.—or $41.80/gram—the gold in the chain would be worth $484.88 ($41.80 x 11.6 = $484.88).
If you have gold necklaces you want to get rid of or you don’t use anymore, don’t hesitate to inquire and set an appointment with us. We are ready to buy your gold necklaces. Contact us now!